Last Film Seen.

1176 replies to this topic

#1 Kuroi_shi

Somewhat Damaged

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:01 PM

Just a thought, but, how about a thread for movie reviews? .. We've got one for game reviews... Movies are geeky too...
So, seen a good movie recently? .. Post about it, =)

I'll start..

The Jacket
It's one fucked up movie... It's about this guy who was accused of killing a cop, and winds up in an instutition for the criminally insane... While he's there, he undergoes a strange treatment that allows him to go to the future... While he's there, he finds out he died many years before...

It's a good movie.. I saw it with JC.. a video store employee reccomended it.. =) It's got Keira Knightley in it. =)

Posted Image
You just got goth served.

#2 Polyamorousboy

Off in bliss

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

The Departed was awesome. Great plot and stellar acting by Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and leonardo Dicaprio. It's a remake of an asian film called Internal Affairs. It's 2 and a half hours but never a dull moment and the violence/gore is perfectly done.

I dont remember much about the jacket besides the fact that it was a good movie :P

The 25th hour is one of my favorites of all time. Monty reevaluates his life in 24th hours before he serves his 7 year prison term as he is convicted of drug charges in NY. This movie also has one of the greatest montages of all time. Check the scene I am talking about here.

More movies I love

Green Street Hooligans,oldboy,Clerks,Carlito's Way,City Of God,Requiem For A Dream,Training Day,running scared,john Q,The Usual,Suspects,Casablanca,American History X,Citizen Kane,Se7en,lord of war,ghost,cinderella man,the matrix,Ocean's Eleven,V For Vendetta,fight club,Out of Time,Pulp Fiction,The Sandlot,Farris Bueller's Day Off,Taxi Driver,Full Metal Jacket,Forrest Gump,A Streetcar Named Desire,The Warriors,Silence of the Lambs,battle royale,Kill Bill,terminator 2,28 Days Later,city of god,scarface,equilibrium,thirteen,xmen2,eternal sunshine of a spotless mind,spiderman,jerry maguire,Man on Fire,Minority Report,a clockwork orange,Gladiator,Saw,Eyes Wide Shut,goodfellas,40 Year Old Virgin,resevoirdogs,dawn of the dead,The Last Samurai,the butterfly effect,kids,leon the professional,snatch,american psycho,jarhead,collateral,IT,psycho,The Manchurian Candidate,one flew over the cukoo's nest.

I think I'm the only person in the world that didnt find lord of the rings even mediocre.. Maybe it's because I only saw the first one... I remember half the theater leaving halfway through it...such a bore.. The Hobbit was more entertaining.

Edited by Polyamorousboy, 09 October 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#3 Despised_freak

The Offical Pinup Girl of MyGoth

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

Does it have to be recently?

:P

One of my favorite movies of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.
It's really a bittersweet movie.
Most people here have probably seen it...

And I've wanted to see The Jacket, but haven't had the chance.

Speculums are super and stirrups all the rage, so spread a lady's legs and put her back in to her-

Cage of naked crazies, the surgeon's here to bleed. The doctors are all learned men and some can even-

Reading can be risky for women on the verge. It only did us worlds of good to poison, leech and-

Posted Image

Purging is a penance, phlebotomy's a chore. No need to sterilize the tools, we never did be-

Fore the night is over, before you go to bed, they'll take a hammer and a nail and jam it in your-

Headstones in the courtyard and statues in the park are not for the insane, just leave them rotting in the-

D-A-R-K DARK

#4 Dirk

Agent of Darkness

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

I thought Jackass #2 was hilarious but I couldnt get my gf to go.Im thinking chicks "just dont get it"
Im a fan of stunts, physical comedy and plain 'ol sick shit.
I Killed my signature ate its liver and buried it under my house

#5 AtomicNeurosis

Maverick Zero

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

He Died With A Felafel in his Hand was a hilarious dark comedy. I loved it. It follows the main character through a few group houses he's moved into and has some rediculous but very true stories, I laughed my ass off during this movie, and I'm pretty sure most of the people on this site would love it.

Definately pick it up, its on DVD, so do it now.

"KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD, BABYLON!!" - Stephen Colbert
Posted Image

#6 Kuroi_shi

Somewhat Damaged

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

Despised_freak, on Oct 9 2006, 10:27 PM, said:

Does it have to be recently?

:P

One of my favorite movies of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.
It's really a bittersweet movie.
Most people here have probably seen it...

And I've wanted to see The Jacket, but haven't had the chance.

I loved Eternal Sunshine.. =) It was so bizzare, but very cool.

Posted Image

#7 Orange_Piranha

Agent of Darkness

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:13 PM

not so much a good movie review but a warning

Colateral (sp?) with tom cruise is horrible and will make you want to gouge out your eyes, and ears. dont see it.
Posted Image

#8 The Icon of Kickass

Darkling

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

As for Eternal Sunshine, I rented that movie when it first came out, and got bored with it. Then a friend of mine came over one night, and he brought it for us to watch, and I am hating myself for having not watched it sooner!!! I love it!

And, as for recent, Save your time and money when it comes to the Wicker Man. Nicholaus Cage has rarely disappointed me, but he did hardcore in this one

Posted Image

#9 Vitas_Mortis

Zombie Overlord of MyGoth

• 3,864 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning on Friday night. It's basically the same as the previous one. So if you liked that one, you will enjoy this one. The only thing new it offers is that the movie shows you how and why the family became a bunch of cannibals.

As I write this, I just got back from seeing Employee of the Month. It's a pretty funny movie. Not side-splitting funny, but enjoyable enough for 10 bucks. This type of movie is the perfect date movie in my books. There's romance and humour for the chicks, but just enough guy humour and Jessica Simpson's boobs to keep you awake. Everyone wins!
Kinemortophobia - an irrational fear of shambling hordes.

Posted Image

#10 Kuroi_shi

Somewhat Damaged

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:35 PM

The Icon of Kickass, on Oct 10 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

As for Eternal Sunshine, I rented that movie when it first came out, and got bored with it. Then a friend of mine came over one night, and he brought it for us to watch, and I am hating myself for having not watched it sooner!!! I love it!

And, as for recent, Save your time and money when it comes to the Wicker Man. Nicholaus Cage has rarely disappointed me, but he did hardcore in this one

... Eternal Sunshine does start out very slow... But, it gets a lot better

Posted Image

#11 Polyamorousboy

Off in bliss

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Colateral (sp?) with tom cruise is horrible and will make you want to gouge out your eyes, and ears. dont see it.

I think it was well done...didnt see much wrong in the plot.. I guess I like it because of the gun sequences.. actual gun shot sounds

#12 Pathogen.

Evangelist of the Night

• Members
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

MYGOTH FOLKS: What was the last film you've seen?

For me, it was: "Senorita Extravida" [2003]. [Sad, gut-wrenching documentary about the murders of 230 women in Juarez, Mexico. These murders--or femicides, since women made up the majority of victims--had numberous suspects, including drug traffickers, local cops & an Egyptian immigrant]

Posted Image

#13 Despised_freak

The Offical Pinup Girl of MyGoth

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

Well, the last film I watched was... Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets.

But, umm... I think the last new movie I watched was... Pirates 2. Yeah, I don't get out much.

And I just remembered that Kuroi made a thread very similar to this.

Here

Speculums are super and stirrups all the rage, so spread a lady's legs and put her back in to her-

Cage of naked crazies, the surgeon's here to bleed. The doctors are all learned men and some can even-

Reading can be risky for women on the verge. It only did us worlds of good to poison, leech and-

Posted Image

Purging is a penance, phlebotomy's a chore. No need to sterilize the tools, we never did be-

Fore the night is over, before you go to bed, they'll take a hammer and a nail and jam it in your-

Headstones in the courtyard and statues in the park are not for the insane, just leave them rotting in the-

D-A-R-K DARK

#14 Kuroi_shi

Somewhat Damaged

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:51 PM

... My last film was.. .. The Jacket

Posted Image

#15 Vitas_Mortis

• 3,864 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

The last new film I watched was Employee of the Month.

The last film in general I watched was Masters of the Universe. God I love that movie.

Posted Image

#16 Pathogen.

Evangelist of the Night

• Members
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

Vitas_Mortis, on Oct 12 2006, 08:51 PM, said:

The last new film I watched was Employee of the Month.

The last film in general I watched was Masters of the Universe. God I love that movie.

Big He-Man & Skeletor fan, huh?

Last flick I saw: "Wild At Heart" [1989]. Directed by David Lynch. [Nicolas Cage does his best Elvis Presley imitation playing the role of Sailor Ripley; Diane Ladd hams it up as twisted Southern belle Marietta; Willem Dafoe played 1 of his most creepiest roles--Bobby Peru; plus numberous "Wizard Of Oz" references.]

SAILOR:"This snakeskin jacket is a symbol of my individuality & my belief in personal freedom."

Posted Image

#17 petey

MyGoth's Minister of Wierdness

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

the last new film i saw was jackass number 2

the last one in general was lords of dogtown.

Posted Image

#18 Gabriel

the light of mygoth

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

the last movie in a cinama was *thinks realy hard* ah this is anoying. it was about a pedo and some girl that makes him kill him self
Posted Image

#19 Vitas_Mortis

• 3,864 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:21 AM

Pathogen., on Oct 13 2006, 04:50 PM, said:

Big He-Man & Skeletor fan, huh?

*Points shamelessly at his avatar*

Skeletor is my favorite villian of all time. The movie skeletor though, not the cartoon one. Skeletor in the movie is FUCKING badass.

ON TOPIC:

I saw The Grudge 2. I enjoyed it. It might have even been scary if it wasn't for all the 13 year old girls screaming for no reason. A little boy dies at the end. It makes me smile when children die in horror movies.

Then I went and met up with some other friends and saw the Trailer Park Boys movie. It was quite good. Just as funny as the show. Actually, it was basically a 2 hour long show.

Posted Image

#20 Polyamorousboy

Off in bliss

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:26 AM

Gabriel, on Oct 13 2006, 08:37 PM, said:

the last movie in a cinama was *thinks realy hard* ah this is anoying. it was about a pedo and some girl that makes him kill him self

hardball?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users