14 replies to this topic

#1 Despised_freak

The Offical Pinup Girl of MyGoth

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

I thought I'd share this with everyone.

"From the twisted minds that brought you Repo! The Genetic Opera"

So, I'm pretty excited about this movie. If you watch the 12 minute teaser here at the official website http://www.thedevilscarnival.com or on youtube (will put the video), then you would understand why I'm excited about it.

Yes, Emilie Autumn is going to be in this movie. I've heard that a few of her Bloody Crumpets (The Blessed Contessa and Captian Maggots) are also going to bein in the film. Along with a lot of people that were also in Repo! So far, I know that the cast will include Paris Hilton, most likely Alexa Vega, Bill Mosely, Sean Patrick Flanery, Terrance Zdunich, Paul Sorvino, Nivek Ogre... which is all I know right now. Other than a few cast members, nobody is really sure what it's going to be about or when it's going to be released (it's still being filmed at this time)
I'm intrigued. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be related to Repo! The Genetic Opera, but I hope it has the same feel to it.

Speculums are super and stirrups all the rage, so spread a lady's legs and put her back in to her-

Cage of naked crazies, the surgeon's here to bleed. The doctors are all learned men and some can even-

Reading can be risky for women on the verge. It only did us worlds of good to poison, leech and-

Posted Image

Purging is a penance, phlebotomy's a chore. No need to sterilize the tools, we never did be-

Fore the night is over, before you go to bed, they'll take a hammer and a nail and jam it in your-

Headstones in the courtyard and statues in the park are not for the insane, just leave them rotting in the-

D-A-R-K DARK

#2 RazorToTheRosary

Will Sing You A Lullaby

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well... Rosary can honestly say that her and her fella just watched that teaser with wide eyes, and her fella's only response was
"Holy Shit-balls"

This movie is now highly anticipated by Rosary and her fella.
It just... It just looks and sounds so awesome... the Ms. Hilton part excluded, but it looks worth it... just... Oh MY!!

Posted Image

#3 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

I actually thought that the role Paris played in Repo! was absolutely perfect for her and she played it well. I'm pretty sure it's because she actually is a rich, spoiled brat in real life. Haha.

I believe the name of Emilie's character will be 'The Painted Doll'. That's all I've really heard about it so far.

Speculums are super and stirrups all the rage, so spread a lady's legs and put her back in to her-

Cage of naked crazies, the surgeon's here to bleed. The doctors are all learned men and some can even-

Reading can be risky for women on the verge. It only did us worlds of good to poison, leech and-

Posted Image

Purging is a penance, phlebotomy's a chore. No need to sterilize the tools, we never did be-

Fore the night is over, before you go to bed, they'll take a hammer and a nail and jam it in your-

Headstones in the courtyard and statues in the park are not for the insane, just leave them rotting in the-

D-A-R-K DARK

#4 Lazurus

Mygoth's weird guy

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

All I can do is purr and smile.
I do despise madame Hilton, but she did her part well in Repo (which I loved).

#5 gothicpreston

Agent of Darkness

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Holy shit-balls !!!

#6 You pretty little Figment

It's not warm when she's away

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

To be perfectly honest... I'll just watch it for Emilie. The rest will just be a bonus.
Which reminds me... She's back over here in April..... mwahahaha

Let's dance together under the stars,
the moon alight in our eyes
and the dark hiding our differences

#7 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Some more news! Well, the only thing that I didn't know is that it's going to be a 45 minute short film (heard that it might be, but wasn't confirmed at that time.)
Will be amazing, I think. Posted Image
Also, I'm pretty sure the filming was finished yesterday.

http://www.dreadcent..._medium=twitter

And I must say that I love Emilies over the top acting (but really, it's what we love about her) and how she attacks the apple in the teaser. Oh, how I wish I were that apple.. ahahahaha.
Gawd, I can't wait to meet this lovely lady next week. Posted Image

Posted Image

D-A-R-K DARK

#8 Neochick

Her Esteemed Holiness

• Admin
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

I did enjoy Repo, so I might just have to give this a go

Posted Image

#9 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Characters

New article

New teaser

Posted Image

D-A-R-K DARK

#10 gothicpreston

Agent of Darkness

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

^^ Er no...YOU are the teaser DF !

** gives MASSIVE full-on wrap round hug with arms and legs **

#11 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Just here to update the thread, dude. Calm down.

Posted Image

D-A-R-K DARK

#12 Houston

Resident Zombie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Looks pretty interesting! I loved Repo so I hope this is just as good if not better! No ideas on what the plot is yet hmm?
Yea Dog! Zombie Status!

#13 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Not totally sure, but Emilie talked about it a little in an interview.
(Also, apparently Paris Hilton backed out of it. It's just what I've heard.)

"EA: Oh yes… as you already know it’s a new project created, directed and written by Terrance Zdunich and Darren Lynn Bousman who did “Repo!”, “Saw” and some horror stuff. This is extremely different from any of that, it is actually really beautiful… it is scary and dark but it’s not a horror movie, this is why it appeals to me, it is a great story it is a musical from beginning to end it is all done in songs. I’m a character in that getting to learn about cinematic and just being inside that whole business is a very exciting thing to me and because the project is so unique being a musical. Basically the story is about a circus type carnival run by Lucifer and set in hell, it has the point that the devil is not always who you think it is and the thing that you think is most evil may actually be something that tries to help you in a dark way. The story is about people that get sent down to hell when they die to learn a lesson and if they learn the lesson told through songs they get to move on to a more heavenly realm but if they don’t they have to stay down there and become a part of this carnival performing in it and that’s something that happened to my character… I end up having to stay and I become this pretty amazing character called “The Painted Doll” …there’s a lot of fun movie magic things, five hours a day I get make up and prosthetics done to my face so that I look like I’m made of cracked porcelain…so I’m not very nice I do some pretty bad things but at the same time I get to sing beautiful songs and look really incredible and beautiful and scary at the same time. There are a lot of amazing people in it, among musicians Ogre from Skinny Puppy, Ivan from Five Finger Death Punch, Shawn from Slipknot and a whole bunch of other people and some great actors as well. I can’t wait for people to see it, we really did the whole circus thing in it and I think it’s going to be a really big exciting thing when it comes out."

Posted Image

D-A-R-K DARK

#14 Despised_freak

• Members
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Another new trailer! And an article that explains a little bit more about it. Definitely has a lot of big names in it. :)

http://www.craveonli...clusive-trailer

The Devil's Carnival features twelve original songs, written by Zdunich and Saar Hendelman, directed by Bousman, produced by Sean E Demott and Joseph Bishara (Insidious), and stars Victoriandustrial rocker Emilie Autumn, Dayton Callie ("Sons Of Anarchy," "Deadwood"), M. Shawn “Clown” Crahan (of the Grammy award winning, cult metal giants Slipknot), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2), Sean Patrick Flanery (The Boondock Saints), Maggie “Captain Maggot” Lally and The Blessed Contessa (of The Bloody Crumpets), J. LaRose (Insidious), Jessica Lowndes ("90210"), Mighty Mike (of Mini Kiss), internet star Hannah Minx, Ivan Moody (of the chart-topping heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch), Bill Moseley (The Devil’s Rejects), Ogre (of the legendary industrial band Skinny Puppy), Marc Senter (The Lost), Paul Sorvino (Goodfellas), Alexa Vega (Spy Kids), and Terrance Zdunich."

Posted Image

D-A-R-K DARK

#15 RazorToTheRosary

Will Sing You A Lullaby

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Rosary read an excellent feature on this in this months Bizarre, the idea of Clown from Slipknot's involvement made Rosary tingle.

She's really looking forward to this, it looks, aesthetically, fantastic, and the story line sounds excellent.

Is it still a short though? There was no mention of it in the Bizarre article, Rosary's kinda hoping it's not, just because she'd love to sit down an hour and a half/ two hours for this.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users